The Network on Religion and Justice for Asian and Pacific Islander Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer People (NRJ) is a
- culturally respectful
- spiritually grounded
- justice seeking
- API-LGBTQ organizations and individuals
- their faith communities, family and friends
working to nurture and support efforts toward a fully LGBTQ-inclusive Asian Pacific Islander faith community.
- NRJ creates community spaces and leadership development for Asian Pacific Islander LGBTQ people of faith and allies
- NRJ provides education to Asian Pacific Islander churches to increase their understanding of LGBTQ people and support their efforts towards full inclusion of LGBTQ people
- NRJ creates resources for Asian Pacific Islander LGBTQ people of faith and Asian Pacific Islander faith communities
Back row L to R: Pastor Jeanelle Ablola, Jess Delegencia, Rev. Ellen Tanouye, Rev. Deborah Lee. Front row: Aditya Adiredja. Not pictured: Rev. Israel Alvaran, Oneida Chi.
- Aditya Adiredja, Chair
- Rev. Deborah Lee
- Rev. Ellen Tanouye
- Rev. Israel Alvaran
- Pastor Jeanelle Ablola
- Jess Delegencia
- Oneida Chi
NRJ is funded by grants from the San Francisco Foundation's FAITHS Program and the Red Envelope Giving Circle of the Horizons Foundation.
For questions, contact: susannah [at] netrj.org
Network on Religion and Justice for API LGBTQ People
c/o Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality
17 Walter U Lum Place
San Francisco, CA 94108